18 November 2005

On A Rant...

I just wanted to post something that really gets on my nerves. I can stand a lot from people but as I'm sure you know there are certain triggers that make you want to just physically hurt someone. One of my pet peeves makes me particularly pissed off and here it is: I really really really hate it when you're with a group of people and you look at your phone when there's a lull in the conversation (or whenever really) and you're only looking at it to check the time but some dumbass watches you look at the phone and then says "What are you looking at your phone for? Nobody called you!" Thanks asswipe. I know that no one called me. If you don't mind that I drag myself away from this gripping conversation for a minute to make sure that I'm not late for class or a meeting or whatever to check the time on my phone then I'd appreciate you shutting your pie hole. I guess they think that they're not intriguing enough to hold my interest so I look at my phone to make sure no one more exciting has been desperately trying to reach me. Now, granted, that sometimes is the case but mostly I'm checking the time. But maybe they don't think that at all, maybe they think that I'm such a loser and seriously, why would anyone call me? I like to believe it's the one about them being insecure. And like I need to explain why I'm looking at my phone in the first place. Just know that, for next time, if you're hanging out with me then I have to be a little bit invested in the conversation but sometimes I need to know how long I have until I need to leave. So anyway, there it is. One of my biggest pet peeves. Thanks for sharing my pain of stupid and insecure people.

I think I have decided not to do a movie review after each post because it seriously takes up too much time and contrary to popular belief I have other stuff (more important stuff) to do than write a movie review. But I do love movies (and TV) so I guess I'm going to start putting a quote from a movie after each post. But if I do see a movie that really moves me (either to laughter, tears, or stomach churning) then I'll probably write about it. So look forward to that.

This post's quote:

And sheperds we shall be,
for thee my Lord for thee.
Power hath decended forth from thy hand
so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
And we shall flow a river forth to thee
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

--Connor and Murphey MacManus
'The Boondock Saints'

No comments: